Monday, March 16, 2009

webgeekery: highspeed coding for front end behavior

Recently I have been doing quite a bit of work with Drupal. Nothing serious. Just fiddling and getting my head wrapped around CCK and Views and being able to quite create cool complicated HTML website stuff. Tons 'o fun. Anyway. As I am working I keep bumping into a lot of cool presentation end code that acts like a desktop application (well, to be fair, it acts like the coolest of the desktops apps that I have worked with. The way it gets and presents data is typically far cooler than desktop applications... I digress.)

The technology behind all of this front-end eyecandy-like-magic is a javascript library called "jQuery." jQuery has been around for a while now, and I have watched it run with a number of projects, but I have never taken the time to really look into it. Well, I haven't looked into it... until now and now that I have I can say... it is pretty darned cool.

So now I am learning how to write that code myself and I am hoping to start building some cooler stuff using this great library.

No comments: