Monday, March 9, 2009

Alexandria - Sunday Afternoon in "Old Town"

I had some fun this weekend. I drove the full 10 minutes down to Alexandria (ironically, where I worked all weekend to wrap up a project) to explorer "old town" with my friend Isabel.

We checked out a seafood spot, then walked through the art studios at "The Torpedo Factory" and then hit the waterfront boardwalk and a park. It was a fun time.

I can tell you that I haven't done so much walking in my life since I've moved to the D.C. area. I walk atleast a mile every day for work and then miles more on the weekends and this is all just where it all starts, but it's good. I'm loving it.

So below are a few quick video clips I grabbed with my cheap digital camera (you should be able to see this in higher quality on youtube itself) and below that is a slide show of photos I took. Enjoy!



And here are the photos. If you would like to see a full screen slideshow of Old Town Alexandria and the Torpedo Factory click here.



For those of you who are still reading, I will get photos up very soon of my place and neighborhood, but I only just got my place mostly put together, so I am nearly ready for that photo-shoot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amigo Steve- as the one who showed you around "Old Town Alexandria" I have to say that I was happy to know you had a good time.
The pictures look great and I love the video as well. The Lord has giving you many artistic talents...and it is always very nice to read or watch or listen to your posts. Undoubtedly, you should keep on making more fun stuff!

By the way, the pic of the "burro" is one of my favourites.