Monday, November 19, 2007

Moving - Leaving Wisconsin

Leaving Wisconsin! While these first photos don’t do the packing job justice, the scattered items that are not yet in boxes in these two photos feels reminiscent of the way the back of the truck looked once I closed the door for the big ride. My Wisconsin apartment had (1) a bedroom, (2), two bathrooms, (3) living room, (4) eat-in kitchen, and (5) two walk in closets. Not to mention, I had an indoor parking spot which had a few large items in it and a secured locker in the basement of the apartment. All in all, you could say I had a lot of crap and you would say right!

My Apartment In Wisconsin: Packing
I finished my last day on the job at Air Wisconsin on a Wednesday and that night a bunch of Air Wisconsin and Experimental Aircraft Association folks showed up to help me load up the truck. While I am incredibly appreciative of everyone’s help, I have to give a “shout out” to my homie Ryan who loaded up the heaviest full-sized Rubbermaid boxes (easily a dozen) before anyone else even showed up! Thanks Ryan!


My Apartment In Wisconsin: More Packing
After packing we went over to Boston’s for some excellent pizza and beer(s) for a little chill time. About two hours later the apartment was all clean and I headed for my dad’s place in Neenah (from my apartment in Appleton.) The truck was a 14 foot truck which pulled a flatbed with my jeep on it.

At 3:00AM we got up and hit the road. The goal was to make it through both Milwaukee and Chicago without hitting any impossible morning traffic. Mind you, I just finished my last day on the job on Wednesday, the truck was loaded up on that Wednesday night, and we are now on the road at 3am. Can you say tiring? I had to remind myself a number of times that I was young and able to do this.

Take a look at a few early morning Chicago pictures on the way out of the area. Good bye Chicago,… here we come New York and Phili!

Leaving Wisconsin: Driving East out of Chicago

Leaving Wisconsin: Past Wrigley's Field

Leaving Wisconsin: View of Downtown Chi-town

Leaving Wisconsin: More downtown Chicago

Leaving Wisconsin: Sear's Tower

Leaving Wisconsin: Driving through Chicago

Leaving Wisconsin: Southside of Chicago

No comments: