Saturday, November 17, 2007

Moving - Introduction

Well, as promised I am finally starting to blog about the move. I had a few interesting suggestions about stopping and taking pictures of myself next to “welcome to” state signs and blogging about certain details, but the fact is that I wanted to make time and pull it off in the least amount of days possible.




First and foremost you have to know the distances involved. America is big and equally so, half of America, Mid West to East is still big. By the map below, it takes about 14 hours to make this trip. Now, imagine pulling a jeep in a loaded truck full of everything you own in your life.



One of my favorite features of the location of my new home will be its proximity to Philadelphia and New York. By the map below you can see that I am about an hour outside of both New York City and Philly, which is very exciting to me. Some of my favorite TV shows and films are/were made in the area, or pretend to be ( CSI-New York, Law and Order, Die Hard 3, You’ve Got Mail, Sixth Sense, The Village, Lady in the Water, the Rocky movies, and the TV show “House.”) Notice just above Trenton on the map below is “Princeton” which is just a few minutes from where I work.


The next blog entry will definitely include stories and photos from the move, pics of my new place and the town I live in, and the amazing drive to work I “endure” every day (incredibly inspirational view and I get to take it in every morning.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

14 hours! I wonder how many hours drive it would be from NJ to TN? Man, this really is a big country.

Can't wait to see where you live! Post those pictures ASAP.