Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Moving - Home Sweet Home

Well, this is it, finally. Pictures of my place. I’ve been meaning to get these pictures posted for a while now, but life has just been too busy.

Here we go. First off, a couple shots of Frenchtown. This is my street. Hover over the pictures to read an explanation of what you are looking at:

Just down the street from my place

A close up on some of the shops on my block.

Now for a look at the outside of my building:

This is the front of my building.  I live on the top floor.

This is the side entrance to the apartment building.

The bricked sidewalks outside my apartment.

This is the Mexican Restaurant in the basement of my apartment building.

Now, inside my apartment. These photos were shot at night, and some are a little out of focus, but they give you the general idea. Have a look:

It is a small kitchen but I love it.  Very open and amazing woodwork.  Pretty fun, but since there are no doors on the shelves, you have to keep it pretty clean all of the time.

The dinning area is across from the kitchen.  Notice that the ceiling is nowhere in sight and nice wood floors.

The living room.  Behind the couch is the stairs that lead to the loft.

At the end of my couch and around the quick corner is my little writers nook.  I can look out the window at the Delaware River and the Bridge Street Bridge (if you look closely, you can see the bridge.)

The bathroom has nice woodwork and shower.

The bathroom walls have a fake crackle finish.

Heading the other way around the couch, you enter the stair area where my bike is currently hanging.

Behind the couch, on the stairs is my little guitar area.

This is the space on the way up the stairs.  You can turn toward the bedroom or toward the upstairs office area.

The upstairs office, which includes my computer and a metric hord of books.

The Bedroom

And finally, a view of the dinning area and bookshelf off of the living room area from my bedroom loft.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This place is great! I have a serious case of envy right now. I love the loft feel of it and the woodwork everywhere. The bridge view from your desk is a great bonus! Quaint neighborhood- can you smell the Mexican cooking all the way up to your floor? :)

steve@enginpost said...

In the summer, in the evening, with the windows open, you can hear the tourists walking around and smell the fajita steak cooking. It is ridiculous! My place gets amazing sunlight, which is incredible for artistic creativity. So walking in at the end of the day with afternoon light and those sounds and smells just makes me want to collapse on my couch and fall asleep under a book. A few times, I have just skipped dinner because I felt like I had smelled so much tasty food I had gotten full.

In the evening in the winter it is already dark outside when I get home and so everyone is eating indoors, and when I walk past the restaurant I can smell the food and hear the music, and silverware and muted chatter of lively conversations. It is really very nice.

steve@enginpost said...

What is equally fun is Hoboken, NJ, in the summer heat. The streets fill with music and food and people, including some very entertaining crazy folks... I had the pleasure of watching a 300lb guy in sweatpants dance like Britney Spears to whatever music he had playing in his 1980s walkman. Now that's dinner and a show!