Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fun With PhotoShop, part 2: i,Beyonce

Inspired by the fact that Beyonce seems to have this growing obsession with looking like C3PO from Star Wars, I decided to kick out this movie poster for her up-and-coming film with Will Smith, "i, Beyonce." Click on the image for a larger view!



This is built from five images: the poster from the "i, robot" movie, head shot of Beyonce, high resolution hair shot of Beyonce (had to search for that one), a picture of Beyonce with her "cyborg hand" jewelry worn in the "Single Ladies" video, and a close up of the main cyborg from the "i,robot" movie. In addition to the images I used the Arial Round font coupled with a hort-load of photoshop layer effects to make the font look all futuristic. As well I did quite a bit of touch-up on both Beyonce and Will Smith, and used path selection to get clean edges around the composite parts.


Why am I wasting my time thinking about Beyonce as a robot? Well, for one, it is just funny to me that she seems to like the whole robot/cyborg thing, and it is less about her and more about fiddling with Photoshop.

No comments: