Thursday, February 26, 2009

Movies... Alexandria-Style!

Anyone who knows me, knows I love movies. And not just any movies, but the good movies. But that is neither here nor there. What is here, and by here I mean Alexandria where I work, is the largest movie theater I have ever been inside. This place has an IMAX screen which is fairly cool. The net effect of having a huge IMAX screen in your theater is that the lobby is ridiculously large. Make note of the size of the people in the below picture standing in front of the ticket counter to put the scale in perspective.




Now, at the moment there aren't any good movies showing on the IMAX screen (something about the Jonas Brothers? anyway) but I look forward to riding those escalators. Which brings me to my next point: there aren't any new movies out at the moment that are worth seeing (not to say that there aren't any good movies out... there are... but I've already seen them!) So it's time for some good movies. Hopefully something will soon come out worth the ride up those escalators.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So you mean to tell me that after you went to the theater, took some pictures and drooled over those escalators, you didn't even go see a movie? Geesh.

pastordude said...

"Watchmen," my friend, "Watchmen"! Opening Mar. 6th! And, by the way, our AMC theater has the largest IMAX screen "in the world" (so they say). Too bad you didn't get to see it (or did you?) while you were up here.