Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Selling the Jeep (part 2)

It's a done deal. Well, technically, it isn't a done deal but I am a few days from having traded in the Jeep for a Scion xD...

The features that settled it for me were, in order of importance:
  1. Fuel Efficiency (up to 37 miles per gallon)
  2. Roominess (for a very small car, it also has a hatchback with fold down rear seats, which means I can load some stuff into it and still fit a passenger.
  3. Touchscreen navigation system: (if you click on the link, then hit the play button above the demo button to the right of the picture) Being that this car is created by Toyota, it shares some elctronics with the Prius. For example, the touchscreen navigation. But it also give you a direct ipod connector that displays all of your ipod info in a very intuitive ipod interface on the touchscreen, which I love. If I subscribed to XM radio it would also give me real-time traffic info to help me navigate around traffic jams (but I am not in rush to SUBSCRIBE to the radio... hello?)
  4. Manual transmission.
  5. Nice colors.
So, needless to say, I am excited about what it has to offer and I might be able to get my hands on it by the weekend. Soon I will say goodbye to the Jeep.

Here are a few more pics for fun:











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet ride!

Katy McDonald said...

which color did you choose?